- Domestic underwriting is done in-house via our domestic products which provide excellent cover at competitive rates.
- We issue policies and process endorsements.
- The portfolio is not subject to ‘across the board’ market rate increases or wording changes – any adjustment is negotiated prior to implementation.
- The scheme’s loss ratio is very good and the business is therefore very attractive to insurers.
- We administer all aspects of the scheme and it is therefore very mobile. We can change insurers at the press of a button.
- Routine servicing functions are handled by the department, and the broker needn’t be heavily involved if he chooses not to be.
- Renewals are handled annually in accordance with a strictly controlled workflow system.
- As with Domestic Underwriting, Commercial Underwriting is done in-house and we issue policies in our offices.
- Each risk is individually negotiated with the Insurer and policies are issued to suit the client’s own unique circumstances.
- Renewal procedures are strictly adhered to, allowing brokers ample time to negotiate with insurers, visit clients and issue closing instructions prior to renewal.
- Staff are able to receive instructions and deal directly with clients, advising underwriters accordingly.
- Our computer system creates sub agencies, allowing us to account for all commissions owing to brokers.
- Premium collection is monitored and invoices as well as statements are issued and followed up.
- VAT, Regional Services Board, Inseta and similar returns are prepared timeously and submitted to the authorities concerned.
- We operate our own debit order collection system which enables us to rectify mistakes as soon as they are discovered. There is no need to wait 3 weeks before refunds are processed, as is the case with many insurers.
- Bordeaux and premium payments comply with legislative requirements.
- All client monies are handled via a Trust Account.
- Claims are handled from notification to finalisation, including follow up on recoveries.
- Claims are closely monitored to ensure no undue delays arise.
- Detailed claims experience for each client.
- Liaison between the claims and underwriting departments ensures no lost or ‘written off’ items remain insured.